FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Civil Unrest - Survival Guide Q&As (Flame Free)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:06 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Well, the whole HK debacle began after I had done my routing and booking, so I'm totally coincidentally going to be doing HKG-SZX by land next Sunday. And since my flight has today been changed to another one, I'm tempted to push for a faster transit between the airports, via the landborder, eventhough it's going to be on a Sunday.

So the question is how tight can I keep my transit time from gate to gate as a foreigner (HK visa free, CN with visa) in the current circumstances? If I would choose a more convenient connection, I would have 4:15 between my flights and I only have carry-on. Otherwise I will have some 9,5 hrs, which is pretty much for getting from HKG to SZX, taken there's probably not a meaningful lounge at SZX. OTOH, I could probably spend that time in downtown Shenzhen doing something.

This fast routing seems to be doable in terms of current MTR operations, but not sure if it's doable on a Sunday afternoon? First MTR Airport Express from HKG to West Kowloon station. Then XRL to Futian and change to the metroline 11 for SZX. As there's no suitable CKS catamaran departing around my arrival at HKG and a shared minibus ride feels a bit of an unwarranted expenditure (...says a cheapskate inbound in C ), the fastest possible public transport by land feels like the best bet. Or would perhaps that shared minibus be the only viable option to push for a transit within that assumed timeframe of 4:15?

Many thanks in advance for any constructive input you may have!
Why not take one of the ferries from the SkyPier at HKIA?