FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arne now outright lying: says Bonvoy preferred 8:1 over SPG/MR
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:42 pm
Newman

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Getting 90% of people to agree on any single A vs B comparison in just about any type of survey is nearly impossible.

The main ways to do it are to rig either the sample selection or ask and/or report heavily biased questions.

You could probably get 90% if you only survey and report on people with the last name Marriott.
I'll ask again, what evidence do you have that the questions were biased and polling was rigged? If you have none other than your own dislike of Bonvoy, and assume the rest of the world agrees with you, then you have slandered Arne Sorenson.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
And - while legacy Marriott members now have new benefits well beyond they could have ever dreamed of - they also 1) have seen 50-100% point inflation, 2) IT/CS issues not apparently observed in the legacy program, 3) Plats now getting layered by Ambassadors, 4) downgrade in UA matching benefits for 50 night stayers, etc

A mixed bad, maybe a net positive overall - a claimed 8:1 preference ratio, however, is beyond the pale
50-100% point inflation? Really? over how long of a time? 20 years? 30 years? Compared to other hotel chains, Marriott point valuation gives its members better bang for the buck.... by far.

IT/CS issues not apparently not observed in the legacy program? Really? Sure there were glitches, but Marriott has made the fixes in an expeditious manner. As a former Continental Airlines high flyer I will tell you that the Marriott/Sheraton/Ritz Carlton merger has gone far smoother than the Continental/United merger.

Based on my own circles of friends/family/co-workers who travel frequently, my guess would have been the ratio of satisfied Bonvoy members to be at least 30 to 1 or 40 to 1.

Newman