FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:37 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j2simpso
I think the core issue that is irking folks here about this new fare is how UA is taking something that has been seen as entitlement (if you have Premier status) or a small fare add-on and potentially making it it's own separate fare and cabin class. If I'm not mistaken this is the way it has been at CoUniHound since the very beginning which goes back many years (perhaps decades?).
Silver status passengers would like to tell you that they once had E+ access at booking. pmCO didn’t have E+, but I remember exit rows and bulkhead seats being reserved for Premier status. I forget if you needed to be Silver or Gold to get them.

Originally Posted by j2simpso
UA can rewrite the rules whenever they want but this lack of predictability and stability in their elite program and product offering calls into question why we should bother remaining loyal. Why not just sit back and wait for all this cabin/elite change nonsense to work itself out and fly OAL in the meantime? Once UA stabilities everything (or realizes the drop off in elite passengers is harming their bottom line) then maybe we'll come back and re-evaluate their product and elite program.

Some passengers will. Most will not, for a plethora of reasons, including UA being the best choice for their travel patterns.

Furthermore, if UA were to copy DL’s C+ policies, that’s all it would be — a copy. So it’s not like the grass would be any greener elsewhere. The difference between DL and UA would be that UA has considerably more extra-legroom seats than DL does.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 9, 2019 at 3:46 pm Reason: Discuss the issue, not the poster(s)