FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:25 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Halo117
Well the plot thickens...seems to me that the most current posted rules outlines that "benefits" are indeed separate from access. Plus they added language to state the new rules supersede any prior terms (added stipulations to access added after initial acceptance of purchased lifetime membership when no consideration given is unenforceable).We have screen shot proof from 2011 that access rules did not exist under terms.
I’m reading this as a deliberate attack on lifetime members. I find it arrogant and offensive. And to make matters worse, lifetime members were the only members who were not notified in writing by United of the change. I’m sure that this was for legal reasons. Meaning, what they have done to us may not even be legal. If their case was slam-dunk, why were lifetime members not given the same written notification as annual members/Club card holders?