FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyingBeanCounter

Its not like they cant do what they want - I understand they have the option to mess with pricing.

It is just so odd - if they hung out here (and I am sure they at least look) they would see us all up in arms about all of the adverse actions. If they read the thread on the poll it says half of us are leaving UA in some form.

Now, either people are lying in that thread, or UA really thinks that these changes will generate enough revenue to offset half the flyertalk UA universe leaving. maybe we are a small universe? maybe we don't really spend all that much?

I don't know, but I can see problems brewing for UA if they continue to restrict elites and their perks. Of course if DL and AA follow along then it wont matter. DL used to lead in the race to the bottom - they were the first to implement controls on C+ and begin restricting elites. Apparently UA said "hold my beer......".