FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fun checkin experience
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:28 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
GTS has some of the nastiest agents in DL's system (in my cynical opinion, because theyre among the most powerful).
Completely agreed. However it seems they’ll do things if airport supervisors leave notes authorizing it, or especially if the phone supervisors leave notes authorizing something. The phone supervisors have power over GTS, but surprisingly I’ve never spoken to a GTS lead.

I’ve seen a Red Coat in ATL yell at GTS b4 to get a change processed.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Ridiculous, HND and NRT are co-terminal if I remember! Considering the app would allow you to rebook to another city I don't get why they got hung up over HND/NRT.
Because they can. And because some of them are not properly trained. There is no way I would have taken them declining Haneda - that’s insane.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
If she had simply said no cant do it to the F issue, neither of us would've been upset. However GTS decided to stick her nose into things that had nothing to do with her job. Name on ticket vs passport wasnt something that even needed to be asked or looked at. In fact agent had checked me in already with no issues before calling GTS. The issue with the return really bothered me. She had no reason to look at it, and was told specifically not to touch those flights and acknowledged that. If I hadn't asked for a copy of reservation I wouldve never know it had been changed.
True, but this is what they do - they are trained to remove unused space from the record immediately for resale. This agent thought they were removing a flight you couldn’t physically consume, despite how wrong they were.

And yes, they love sticking their nose in issues that aren’t even brought to their attention. And then sometimes some GTS agents work miracles. So I’m miffed.