FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bloomberg article on SAS - can’t be good
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:27 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I get it that some want people to believe or sell the narrative that SAS has done something truly extraordinary in recent months, but I’m not one to buy or sell such marketing hype.
I'm not getting my info from the press releases. I'm getting it from professional stock analytics I know.

TC going bankrupt created problems for the charter package sellers in the region who started to have their customers flock toward SAS for holiday period travel too. This is in small part why SAS is going to have a relatively decent Q4 too.
The bankruptcy of TC came too late to have any real impact on the last quarter earnings. Yes it might impact the year result, but I strongly doubt it's the whole reason for rasing the predictions from 0 or below to 500mill DKK or above.

The primary Swedish stock exchange index has done rather well this year, and has been up c 25% YTD. SAS hasn’t outperformed that by any substantial multiple during the same period and has underperformed that index’s performance. For the July-to-date picture, SAS has done fine in terms of its stock price.

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/OMXSTO-SAS/
Again. I'm not talking about the stock prices. I'm talking about the key performance parameters like yield, load factor, ASK, RPK etc. All parameters where SK, to my knowledge, have outperformed their competitors during the last quarter.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Nov 10, 2019 at 5:48 am