FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fun checkin experience
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:45 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Fun checkin experience

Found out even TA/GA dont get great support from their desk at times.

I booked to fly and applied GUCS to go AUS-PVG and PVG-LAX. When I called to apply GUC, I was given an option of booking the nonstop AUS-SEA and having it clear. I told agent, no I'd prefer the option I had just booked online, AUS-SLC-SEA. (It leaves two hours later and gets into SEA with just over hour before PVG. (Nonstop leaves at 6am and results in 4 or 5 hours wait)

Agent understood and applied GUC. I thought nothing more till I went to do OLCI. It was then I saw agent had moved me to nonstop. I called and got it fixed, but SLC-SEA was totally sold out in F. Agent listed me as displaced F passenger and said ask at checkin if seat opened.

It did, but TA had to call her support line. The agent was awful. First she didnt understand this was a displaced F issue. Once she understood that, she said she noticed other errors. 1 my middle name wasn't on ticket, which TA explained wasn't an issue. She refused to go further till this was fixed to her satisfaction. After all that she "notices" an error on my return. Your SEA-LAX is scheduled before you land from PEK (I had to book SHA-PEK-SEA to clear GUC). TA informed her 4 times that no it wasnt. She held firm despite being told Asia->US flights land same day due to dateline. She was told by TA NOT to touch the return. After all this the support agent said there was nothing she could do about me being in F. TA was furious. Hangs up and calls a redcoat. Redcoat at gate gets me in F. TA prints out my reservation (I always get one when traveling in China). The support agent had gone and rebooked my SEA-LAX flight. Not only that she changed the day. I originally was spending the day/night at SEA. Agent had changed it so that I was on the continuation of DL128PEK-SEA to LAX. Agent called the redcoat even more upset.

It wasn't fixed till just before I landed at SLC.

Moral of story, support for even employee seem to be going down.