FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Platinum - Dec 2019, upgrade benefits?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:49 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ShenW
Thanks for all comments.
Since I should be qualified to be 1k after 18 Dec 2019, what are the benefit for the next flight before 31 Dec 2019? (I am going to fly on LOT)
1. Can I start to request for upgrades?
2. The miles accumulated on this flight before 31 Dec, will still using the current system right?
3. Will still earning PQM?
4. The inbound flight will be after 1 Jan 2020, thus PQP will be based on: MileagePlus partner PQP: Award miles divided by 6; i.e. miles earn 6130/6 = 1031.7 PQP?

Pardon my ignorance - i get really confused by the website, and they still keep the old information which makes it more confused. This is also my first time get 1k.
1. You'll get PlusPoints good toward future travel. They are not good for LOT, however.
2. Yes.
3. Yes for the outbound.
4. Assuming you bought the ticket through LOT, you will earn PQP based upon the number of redeemable miles earned for that flight. Use the chart on this page: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...-airlines.html . Look where it says Ticket number does not start with 016, and then look up your fare class. Business ranges from 100-125% of the distance; PE is 100%; economy ranges from 25-100%. Then, divide by 6.