FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blog: international partner ticket cancelled due to negative account balance
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:06 pm
flyingstudent

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
So I've done a lot of shenanigans which have resulted in multi-thousand negative points balances on (mostly hotel) accounts which I then just stop using after milking them - but I always, ALWAYS, make sure that any redemption of hotels/flights happens before the points go in negative territory, precisely for this reason.

This is obviously a grey (or outright black) area which a lot of unethical people take advantage of, but you need to move quickly and then abandon the negative account, instead of sitting on a ticket that someone can notice and suspend.

Its obvious that the blogger did the whole buy something refundable to run up balance then book ticket with it shenanigans - they just weren't smart enough to fly before doing the refund.
Curious what type of tricks you pull. If it's with credit cards and refunds, they can catch up. I did hear some folks book multiple reservations on the phone on within minutes of each other and hoping that they manually only debit one or twice.