FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Gold benefits on SAS | SK
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:07 pm
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I got free seat selection on SAS flights for partner airline*Gs earlier this month. But that was at check-in.
Are there any *A airline, which doesn't have free seat selection for everyone at check-in?

It's been my habit for quite some time now to check-in online with SAS at 22 hours before departure, so maybe that could explain how a change like this may escape my attention.
Often doing the check-in at 22 hours before departure will give you a pretty good seat selection, but EBG and EBD have free seat selection at booking not matter the class they book.

The soft-seat block for OAL*Gs on SK flights seems to have been unreliable for me for quite some time, but last month I seemed to be able to pull it off on a flight that was 85+% full in economy.
IMHO the soft-seat block is a myth. I'm EBD and I've been on 75% full flights where there were someone next to me. Also I've quite often checked the seat map shortly before check-in closes. At this point in time the seat next to me were free, but when boarding was completed the seat next to me was taken.