FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPECULATION: new USA card priced between Centurion & Platinum?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:57 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AAdmiral
Someone above mentioned the JP Morgan Reserve Card which I also have and its’s basically just the Private Banks version of the Chase Sapphire Reserve. It’s not a Centurion Card rival.

I’m wondering if AMEX has further benefits for the Centurion but might wait until April 2020 to launch them when they simultaneously launch the Centurion-Lite Card. I wish AMEX would use the airline and hotel model in the future regarding their card products like I mentioned in the other thread. This makes life a lot easier and don’t have to carry 3-4 different AMEX cards to take advantage of the benefits.

Amex Green - benefits
Amex Gold - all Green benefits plus additional Gold benefits
Amex Platinum - all Gold benefits plus additional Platinum benefits
Amex Centurion Lite - all Platinum benefits plus additional Centurion Lite benefits
Amex Centurion - all Centurion Lite benefits plus additional Centurion benefits
With the use of things like ApplePay/SamsungPay/GooglePlay and lots of online payment facilities, isn't it easy enough to switch between Amex cards for charges (to maximize return/benefits of card use) without physically carrying all the cards? Or does the use of those kind of phone pay tools invalidate some of the benefits that the card user gets from using a given Amex card account?

If Amex were to sort of do what you want, I would expect that they would hike the fees of all the cards even more than it needs for revenue growth management -- as there is also the concern of income/earnings growth management and the risk involved with being in the kind of position that Chase found itself in with the CSR being more expensive initially than it may have expected.