FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)
Old Nov 8, 19, 11:18 am
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
I don't think they need to remove E+ from Golds to offer this....more concerning to one's ability to get E+ is the tiny E+ cabins on the new 787 retrofits. I am happy about this as they were leaving money on the table with the old system, for example, I'm allowed to book PE on transcons but not allowed to pay for premium seats....but most flights on UA didn't have PE so I was stuck in E-.

I'd even buy these out of my own pocket if I could get an E+ seat at booking and mileage credit for a B fare to a foreign program.
Let's assume that 50% of business flyers are in the same situation as you, then this change would mean that there would be a huge increase in the percentage of "sold" E+ seats because previously unbookable seats now fit into corporate criteria for "economy" travel. This should result in an average price increase, and thus more revenue, for UA and decreased availability of "free" E+ for elites, no?