FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Befrugal up to 35% back on hotels
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:20 am
patrickwatx

Befrugal up to 35% back on hotels

I was looking here and realized I did not see anything posted about befrugal hotel deals. So I thought I would share my experience. Hopefully this is ok posting here. I think it is based on the "Unsure what should be posted in this forum?" post. I do not work for befrugal and I am in no way affiliated with them. I do not get anything for you using them. The link posted is a general link, not tied to any specific promotion or referral. I am posting because I love their rebates.

This is not for people who pay for their own hotels, but good for those getting reimbursed for travel and there are no rules about earning points and rebates.

I travel often and have been using their site for bookings. I book a normal reservation first that is cancellable through a traditional booking engine. Then, before the cancellation time passes, I go to befrugal and see if there are any good deals and good rebates. If so, I book on befrugal and cancel my original reservation. At that point, I would have had to pay either way. They are basically prepaid rates with rebates. As far as I can tell, they book in partnership with priceline and a couple other vendors. There are usually rates available for the same hotel or comparable hotels at the same rate, but with rebates. They claim up to 35% back, but it varies. I have seen 5%-35% on the hotels I have looked at. They provide a receipt that does not mention them or any rebates. Luckily, my company does not have a policy against paying your own way and getting whatever points and rebates you want, as long as you are not spending extra money.

I have never had a problem with befrugal crediting me the amount, always 7 days after my stay has completed. Since they launched this summer, I have earned rebates just over $1,300 and they have paid them out. You can get reimbursed via paypal, checking, or a couple other ways. I do paypal. They also do rebates for priceline and many other travel sites, but at a lower level.

https://www.befrugal.com/store/befrugalhotels-coupons/