FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seeking to interview frequent flyers about Boeing 737 MAX
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:40 am
lkamb

Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
Not to be overly mean - but this is exactly the type of journalism that makes people hate the media. I’m sure it will generate clicks and the Seattle Times will make a few dollars off it. But god, are there no other car crashes, blood and guts horror stories to report on??

I’m 75k and totally looking forward to my first MAX flight.
Quieter airplanes are better for me. So I’ll be happy to pay a small premium to fly on a MAX compared to NG if I have the option on the same route.
Dear WestCoastPDX,

Thanks for the comment, but I’m not sure what you mean by this is the “type of journalism that makes people hate the media”? Are you suggesting reporters should not engage with the flying public about their confidence in the MAX following its unprecedented grounding? Certainly, it’s a big part of the ongoing story, and I disagree that I'm somehow sensationalizing the issue to generate clicks, as you allege.

Boeing has launched a massive ad campaign to win back the flying public’s trust, so it appears the company is quite concerned about this issue, too.

I have already heard from a few folks on this forum. Thank you for reaching out to me. I appreciate your opinions.

My hope is that others here won’t be so dismissive as the commenter here, and will feel free to reach out to me in the next day. I do value your input.

Thanks again,

Lewis Kamb
The Seattle Times
lkamb AT seattletimes DOT com