FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:23 am
thbe

Originally Posted by 8mh
I am not flying at HON level myself. But I would assume the vast majority of those who do would choose the airline corresponding to the program which minimizes their time in the air and at the airport.
I’m leading a medium-sized company and I often welcome more time in the air or at the airport, especially when saving money that way. There are two main reasons:

Nobody requests a meeting when I‘m in the air or at the airport, so I can work on my own stuff or have time to think about business issues. Sometimes I just relax. Maybe I have to handle a few emergency calls, that is ok. My schedule at my office means six to nine hours in meetings.

I approve all long haul flights in my company. My colleagues would accept if there were special travelling rules for me, but I prefer to have the same rules as them. Direct flights in F are very expensive. My flights in A are often cheaper than my colleagues flights in C/D/J. And flying for less money is an unbeatable argument for flying First instead of Business.

Btw: Most HON I know are working for mid-sized companies and think more or less the same way I do about lower fares for more time in air/airport. Travelling the fastest way regardless of the money (but of course within cabin class rules) is more the corporate group way of life in my option.

Originally Posted by 8mh
You must admit, posts in the tenor "Time to draw a line? I think I've had it with program XYZ" is attention whorish, particularly if coupled with a statement of how good a customer one is. Need not be a HON, could also be an UA GS, IC RA, etc.
Well, I use to blacklist airlines and hotels. Have been EY Plat and stopped flying with them. Have been IC RA and stopped staying with them. I do that, because they‘ve changed in a very bad way and - more important - because I don‘t need to fly or stay with them. And if I‘ve talked about my decision here, I don‘t see any attention whoring in that. On the one hand I have taken the consequences as I‘ve said. On the other hand you may not believe, how much attention you get from airlines, hotels and in business, when you are top tier and a company leader. Most of them are not seeking for more attention.