Old Nov 7, 19, 9:47 pm
Kaix

Programs: IHG Spire RA
BA Flight Crew in IC San Diego Club InterContinental Lounge

Tonight was an interesting experience. Checked into the San Diego IC and went to the cocktail hour at the Club InterContinental, only to be surrounded by an extremely loud BA (I think it was BA - looked like BA logo on their luggage) flight crew (entire crew, at least 15 of them)! Drinking in uniform nonetheless. One could argue that Club InterContinental isn't a public space? Not sure what their crew policy is and drinking in public. They stayed the entire time, from at least 5:30 pm until my wife and I left around 7:30 pm. Apparently they were there because their rooms were not ready. I overheard someone from the hotel tell them that the delay in room check in was due to last night's crew smoking in one of the rooms (so it had to be cleaned).

I could barely converse with my wife at all, they were so loud. They had also brought in pizza from outside the lounge. Overall an unfortunate experience. I likely will not re-qualify for RA next year and this was supposed to be an enjoyable experience at a new IC for us before I (likely) lose status at the end of the year.

Can't imagine something like this at a IC in Japan... this would never, ever happen there.

Just curious if anyone thinks this may warrant some kind of compensation? Or should I just let this go?