FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TUI netherlands delay claim
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:49 am
AJCNL

Programs: FB Gold
A few years back we had a long delay with TUI LPA-AMS due to the scheduled 787 going tech at AMS. They eventually found 2 737s to operate the flight and we arrived back 4 hours late. I wrote a claim letter but they tried to avoid paying out by claiming it was a factory fault with the new aircraft. We exchanged a few letters, me pointing out that my contract was with them, if there was an issue when the aircraft was delivered then they should claim from Boeing. In the end they wouldn't give in, I contracted EUClaim and in the end TUI gave in and paid out. Of course EUClaim took their cut, as they were entitled to. Part of the info from EUClaim showed that they had been able to acces the official legal arrival time of the flight, which proved that the delay was a little over 4 hours. I don't know if the general public can also get that information. In theory I could have pursued them via legal means, but I was happy to hand it over to a claim bureau rather than spend too much extra time on it.