FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why I'm sticking with AC after my WS status match
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by Fiordland
Calgary is a weird airport, No ML in Transboard or International. The WestJet operated domestic lounge (also PP) is not as nice as the ML.

YYC is hardly the only major Canadian airport without a MLL. As anyone who has had the unfortunate circumstance of having a TB flight at YOW, an experience comparable to Dante's Second Circle of Hell, a MLL is warranted there given the lack of amenities (I'm surprised they even have a restroom there!) and I suspect the volume of TB traffic given the amount of hot air coming out of Ottawa! The lack of a lounge at YQB is also worrisome given its the capital of Quebec and the amount of northern flights taking off from there.

One thing that's nice about WS at least for elites is they offer free same day changes for Gold and Platinum elites. Another interesting thing is that elites have access to complimentary upgrades. That being said, I would choose the priority services, lounges, and others perks of being a UA*G on AC over a status matched WS Gold/Platinum status.