FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impacts of demonstrations on travel
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:30 pm
MW147

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by groovbusta
I'm heading to HK for a few days work next week and am planning to stay around Admiralty station, which my local friends say should not be an issue during the work week. They've said protests and transport disruptions have mostly been confined to weekends.

Other colleagues are staying closer to HKG airport to minimize risk of travel delays.... should I be concerned? Only staying in HK Mon and Tues nights.
To me the key phrase here is "should not be an issue". These days there is always cause for caution and concern. Is that enough to cancel? That is up to you. I have been traveling to HK for over 30 years. Last month I was in and out 3 times over a 2 week period, and had absolutely no issues. But issues can arise pretty much anywhere, and while it had been mostly limited to the weekends, and for a couple of weeks more specifically Sunday only, that may have changed these past couple of weeks. No one can give you any firm assurances right now. All I will say is that if you are smart and alert you should be able to avoid trouble.