FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching Global Service to Delta
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:10 am
wanderingkev

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by frenchyfrog
I am very surprised to see such a thread. I have been GS for the last 2 years and have found it to be great. The biggest perk comes when you need help, such as when travel plans are disrupted by a delay (mechanical, operational, weather, etc). I have found each United person that I have come in contact with to be extremely helpful, to the best of what is possible, in such situations. I travel almost every week, domestic and international, and now that we moved from New Jersey to Orlando, have to connect most of the time. The extra help making the connections, and being rerouted when a problem arises, is why United has my full loyalty.
GS is a pretty good program, but I have found as with all things UA it can be pretty inconsistent at times. I am not sure if the OP is unhappy with UA or the the GS program,the service I have found to be not as good since the membership population was expanded. I can't offer any view on Delta as others have noted there are those who can provide better input on that program but unless you are in both simultaneously on have recently flipped it is difficult to compare the two beyond published benefits in operation.

Last edited by wanderingkev; Nov 6, 2019 at 8:29 am