FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY Terminal opens (Nov 5, 2019) - experiences, logistics, etc.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:20 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
“These local players lend their names, dishes and culinary ideas to the projects, while the national food service companies staff and operate them day-to-day. They also bring their expertise in working in airport settings.”

Does this mean that the local restaurants are merely licensing the usage of their name and the chefs are providing recipes, but not actually involved in the operation of the airport venues? I guess I can understand these scenarios, but, are they truly local restaurants, then? Does anyone have any good insight as to how these partnerships operate?
I posted on this topic on the jazzfest board:

In terms of food, while the options will be far better than before (it’s hard to imagine them being worse), one should not expect the quality to match the in-city locations. The brands are licensed from operators we know and love, but they’re still airport food outlets operated by airport food outlet operators (Aramark and Delaware North, I believe).