FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last Minute November Trip with ~270K UR Points and No Itinerary - Suggestions?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:37 pm
gameover98

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Hyakku
My remaining plan is to sketch an itinerary and potentially use the portal for some experiences there, since we still get 1.5X with the reserve (I have the reserve and ink business preferred). Also figuring out hotel reward programs vs the portal in the next few days. With the extra MR, AA, and Alaska miles, I may also have some additional wiggle room on hotels, although I’m hesitant to spend Alaska and/or MR on hotels (AA seems to have lost more value recently) if I can optimize for UR. United’s points change has made UR much harder for me to justify on flights since that’s my primary airline and where I have status.
I did NZ last year using UR on SQ older J before they devalued. Can't complain although a day flight on angle flat wasn't a disaster lol

From a hotel point of view, there aren't a whole lot of options for larger chains especially once you leave AKL. The option for 1.5cents per UR if you have the CSR can come in handy now that the Chase travel portal is linked to Expedia. Keep the AA/MR points, IMO, we aimed for NZ$150-250 per night on apartments via expedia/booking and were not disappointed.