FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ratio of passengers to lavatories in Y cabin?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:35 pm
couldcarryless

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I've done a few recent flights on 737-700s on both Delta and United (in Economy), and noticed that they all have two lavs in the back. On WestJet - at least on the 600s and 700s that I've flown - I think there's only a single lav in the back.

As the new WS Premium cabins are being installed (and the "front lav is only for PE" rule becomes enforced), is WestJet adding an additional bathroom at the back of the plane for Economy?

Both Delta and United have fewer pax in their main cabins (thanks to having large UA E+ / DL MCE mid-cabin sections with loads of legroom) than WestJet does ... but they also have double the number of Y class lavatories. If WS does intend to make the front lav exclusive for PE customers, only 1 bathroom for 120+ passengers in Y seems pretty torturous.

I cannot speak to what they would do if they do in fact retro fit the 600's and 700's with true 2 person seating and segregating rear of plane from the premium lav.... I doubt they would bother though because the cost vs benefit on those older machines....once the Max8 gets figured out they will be eventually replacing with max as the years go on I would be assuming....both the 800 and the Max8 have 2 rear lavs