FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Budget solo trip in late November for ~$1000?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:26 am
ordx

Just to clarify, you have a budget of 1000 USD and you are currently in Poland? I don't think you need to restrict yourself to Europe. Looking at Google Flights, I see flights to Thailand and Vietnam for less than $600 from Warsaw for Nov 18-30. That leaves $40/day give or take which is doable for a budget traveler.

Originally Posted by Tigro
I was also thinking about Spain (Madrid + Barcelona for example, though I'm not sure about Barcelona being a perfect tourist spot in the wake of recent events)
Spain is wonderful, and I was just in Barcelona last weekend. Although there were protests and I saw some folks walking around carrying Catalan or Spanish flags, it was really a non-event for a tourist. I was even out on Saturday night when there were some violence in front of the police HQ. But despite hearing helicopters overhead, where I was in the heart of the Eixample district it was just business as usual with people hanging out and drinking, clubbing, etc. I wouldn't worry about the protests at all.