FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: Membership Rewards Team Keeps Screwing Up
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:36 pm
LowValueCustomer

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by rog92
MR team told me they only accept "standalone" restaurants as true restaurants for bonus purposes, meaning restaurants inside hotels, schools, office buildings, malls are all likely to not be eligible for bonus category. If the restaurant is inside a hotel, then it is not surprising to me.

The FHR case, on the other hand, is simply unacceptable, and I wish you the best getting that one fixed.
Right, having read far too many horror stories on here, I'm aware that it's just Russian roulette with what gets coded as a restaurant and what doesn't. As I mentioned to mia and probably should have put in the OP, this particular charge expressly states RESTAURANTS under the transaction details, which makes it doubly frustrating. But ultimately yes, the Amex FHR booking is by far the most egregious of this week's screw ups. Can't blame that one on the merchant code.