FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Considering a switch to DL from AA ex-Austin (AUS)
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:39 pm
Mikey likes it

Considering a switch to DL from AA ex-Austin (AUS)

Looks like the status match is simple; I'd get Platinum on DL against my Plat Pro on AA. Was a multi-year DL Plat back about 15 years ago, and generally had good experiences.

Here are the key differences I see, most of which are positive:

1. Free domestic upgrades for all status levels for the ~40% of times I don't buy an F ticket
1a. DL A/C generally seem have a similar number of first class seats as AA craft
2. Sky Club access included with AMEX Platinum card, saving the $450 or so membership fee
3. Sky Club guess access requires a fee in all cases, including adult and minor family and other travel partners (true?)
4. Sky Club at AUS much nicer than Admirals Club and presumably less crowded due to point 3

I can get to JFK, BOS, LAX non-stop on DL, same as AA; neither AA nor DL go to SFO or anywhere else in the Bay Area non-stop, so I use WN; same for DCA.

One thing I'd probably miss would be the non-stop on BA to LHR, though I'd probably just sub the KL nonstop to AMS starting in May then connect to anywhere else from there.

Missing anything?