FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: Membership Rewards Team Keeps Screwing Up
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:08 am
LowValueCustomer

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
I've had success actually calling and chatting with customer service - not sure if you're just going through chat or going through your online statement. I've sat on the call - made them pull up the transactions in dispute, and when they saw the proper coding it was rectified pretty soon thereafter. It might sound annoying, but it's not that bad. Get the 4 or 5 disputes you have queued up and bang through them on the call in a few minutes and I bet you'd see better results.

YMMV, but I've actually been impressed by how much gets coded 4x on my gold - all my local coffee shops (which most certainly aren't restaurants) that I frequent daily are coded 4x. Even seasonal pop-up beer gardens in my neighborhood posted 4x.
Thanks for this advice. I've been going through the chat and online statements. Calling was going to be my next step, although I fully expected it to be an exercise in futility given the repeated failures over chat. Good to know the phone agents can be reasonable.