FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waiting after arrival at TLV for gate
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:45 am
shuly

Last week I left the lounge early and went to the gate much before my flight was ready to board. I looked through the window as the incoming aircraft connected to the gate, and the ground staff started to offload luggage. They were taking their time. The first 15-20 minutes, nothing happened. Doors were open, pax started to leave the aircraft, the conveyors were connected to the storage doors, but that's it. The first suitcase left the hold after about 20 minutes.

I watched for some 10-15 minutes more. Boy, did these guys take their time. Then boarding was announced, and I could watch them from my window on the aircraft. The last suitcase left the hold 45 minutes after the aircraft arrived.

What I'm saying is that Airport Authority staff are not the most efficient workers in Israel, for various good reasons. Who knows what happened in your case; maybe the guy in charge of operating the gate was on a lunch break, or maybe the security personnel was changing shifts.

These things won't change as long as RASHAT has a monopoly on running the airport. It's got nothing to do with ElAl.

Shuly