FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Gaming Loyalty Programs - have a 5 night stay at the Aria coming
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:21 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lax01
Been to Vegas a bunch of times but never joined any loyalty programs so new to that side of things - do you present the mLife/TR card at tables when playing games like craps/roulette? Do they scan or hold onto it during play? Is your play then tracked for win/loss (gain/loss)? Can that be used against you for tax purposes (in the case where you won a big bet)?

Didn't see any wiki or FAQ here so asking some pretty basic/dumb questions - Thanks in advance!
I haven't played table games in a while but assuming nothing drastic has changed, they will usually ask for a players card when you buy in. They'll enter you into the system and return the card. They'll track your buy-ins, bets and win/loss and rate you and comps will be based on that. This used to be done by eyeballing your chips as you play and when you leave the table, but nowadays there are technologies like RFID-enabled chips etc. But I don't know if Aria uses them and if so whether at all tables or just at certain games and limits.

If you play machines then there's a slot for you to insert the card when playing, which will track everything.

If you hit anything that requires a W2G you aren't going to get paid until you provide a SSN anyway whether you use the card or not. (I won't tell anyone how they should fill out their tax return, but will merely note for the record that all gambling income is reportable and taxable in the US whether you receive a W2G or not)