FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:48 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn
If I have a flight leaving Tuesday at 7pm is it possible to SDC to a flight on Monday at 8:15pm or is it only possible to move a flight to a future time?
Yes it is possible but not guaranteed. It will be tight as you will not be able to try until 7 PM on Monday, so yo may need to be at the airport or near by when you try.

Originally Posted by poohhead80
... Question 1:
Buying a new ticket price is $254 for 915AM departure ATL-EWR-BOS - W class.
SDC fee is $331 for that flight.
So it does not make sense to pay the SDC price.
If I keep checking and get lucky, is there a chance for SDC without fee? Or is SDC fee pretty much set for this flight and there is no chance of change?
Sounds like there is a fare differential (G to W) and an SDC fee(?). If your original fare class opens up, you can SDC without a fare differential.

Originally Posted by poohhead80
...Question 2:
Within 24hr of BOS-SFO flight, will UA system allow me to SDC to ATL-SFO nonstop or ATL-IAH/ORD/IAD/DEN-SFO flight? Is this something I have to call UA? ,,,
You can't SDC across two separate reservations. Not permitted

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 2, 2019 at 4:56 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member