FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refund Entitlement? [ZH schedule change]
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:16 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Dynamite Red
Hello,

26th December I am due to fly from Heathrow to Phuket with Shenzhen Airlines, this involves a stop over in Shenzhen but was booked as one ticket.

Unfortunately the flight times have been changed by the Airline and means we will miss the connecting flight from Shenzhen to Phuket.

Shenzhen Airlines have offered to put us on a connecting flight 24 hours later but this is not suitable. I want to cancel the whole thing and buy new flights, can I claim a refund as this currently being denied? Does anyone have any regulations I can quote at them. Any advice would be a great help.
If you're certain that both flights are on a single ticket (and not just on a single PNR), I would explore whether EC261/2004 covers your situation.

Be aware, though, that some travel agencies have been known to combine separate tickets on a single itinerary.

If you determine that you do have a valid claim for a refund under EC261/2004, make sure that you cite that regulation when you next approach your travel agent for a refund.