FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Prix Fixe Bargins - Lunch from WSJ today (and/or dinner?)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:46 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mstraveler
This was in todays WSJ: here (and Word document attached below). Nice article about bargain 3 course lunches (no Michelin start, but bargains for what sounds like very good food). And we are going to Paris on Thanksgiving. As is usual, however, for articles like this these restaurants are out of the way (i.e. long walks from Metro's etc).

We will be staying in the Marias (near the St. Paul metro). Any suggestions for a bit places closer to us (DH has a knee issue and will not be healed by then!) for lunch or early dinner?
Most of the good places I know in the Marais don’t open until 7pm, like A La Biche au Bois (one of my faves for Coq Au Vin). Au Petit Fer à Cheval is a small, casual, reasonably priced place with a lot of history about four blocks from St. Paul metro. And it is open all day I believe. Excellent plats du jour and the best goat cheese salad I have ever had. Their Tarte Tatin is to die for.