FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing Experience with PP Misconnect
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:27 pm
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Suppose you are correct and heaven forbid there are some Global Services, heck even lowly 1Ks flying in PP who got upgraded. Why would they deserve to get bumped? They paid far more than you did on your PP fare having to endure thousands of miles on UA BIS. They earned that seat!

I get sick and tired of people complaining of frequent flyers getting benefits like baggage, priority services and lounge access while the kettles who may have paid a bit more got a worse experience. This has happened to yours truly in several UA flights and once at ORD. We worked our buns off to earn that experience (some more than others) and paid a far higher price than the casual travellers will ever understand and appreciate (Health, social relationships, stress, etc.)

-James
I wouldn't put it this way, but I would say that when an airline has confirmed an upgrade, it shouldn't then downgrade the person, whether it's Gary Global Services in that seat or Granny who saved her points for 5 years for that upgrade.

What UA should do is compensate the person who lost his PP seat.