FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing Experience with PP Misconnect
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:47 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1353513636
and they would not bump out someone who got a free upgrade from back when people could select PP seats as E+
Nor should they have.

They also refused to rebook me in Business, E+, or via London in PP (which was the fastest way I could get home on UA flights with PP available).
Of those three, E+ is reasonable, business is not, and via LHR is unsurprising, but very much up to the agent's discretion.

I would've though at least E+ would be doable, and the agent tried, however she said the system wouldn't allow her to give me E+ for free even though I originally bought PP and missed the flight through no fault of my own.
That doesn't make any sense. People sit in E+ without a paid E+ seat assignment all the time. I wonder what, exactly, she was trying.

In general, whether J or P+, when you misconnect, you have the option of flying in a lower class of service or waiting for the next flight with available space. The relative paucity of domestic P+ flights hurt you here.