FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you risk 2h 50m CX / BA at HKG?
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:23 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In terms of it being do-able, yes, it's a relatively long connection, given that if you don't have checked luggage you can make connections in HKG in under an hour. I think my record was under 30 minutes though I don't care to repeat that experience.

The issue would be about delays and cancellations - what would the consequences be for that? If your ticket is reasonably flexible, for example, you may be able to shift if from ADL before departure, since it's likely that any delay you have would manifest themselves before departure, or at least take off. On the other hand this could be a very expensive inflexible ticket and you can't afford to replace it with a walk-up ticket in HKG. And it depends on your appetite for risk.

Now given than those who tend to be relaxed about risk would probably not ask the question, the fact that you have asked must mean something is nagging you about this.......