FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $31 Fare Sale Oct 31 Only [Gone]
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:39 am
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by uxb
Haha! Told you. That said, my flight to BUR was full, but not oversold. I didn't have a seat until I got to the gate. When I got the seat (25F), I sat on the app to elevate my situation. First 20B, then 14E. With each change, my boarding group worsened. As boarding began, I saw that 18B/C had opened up. I asked the GA to move me there, and my B boarding group was restored. Overall, it was not a bad experience. Free TV and WiFi, so I gladly ponied up $12 for a turkey sandwich that beat the pants off anything the legacy carriers offered. The landing sucked. We landed at BUR with a thud. Other than that, I will now consider JetBlue in the future. I guess in that sense, the promo was a success. As for bumping, I prolly would've done better on a heavier route like LAX, but I prefer a BUR arrival.
I would have kept 25 since they rear deplane! Anyway I'm glad it worked out for you. The runway is so short at BUR that if you don't land with a thud and stop, you're likely to go too far and either go around or end up across the street.

-J.