FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to credit miles, they have already been credited. But I don't see them
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:42 am
royal757

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by expert7700
get both companies on the phone. introduce them to each other unexpectedly, hit conference button and mute. this can work wonders, and suddenly the finger pointing stops.

you can't reasonably expect one company to wait on hold while you dial the other, so timing is a bit tricky... but use two phones or have a family member initiate one call then forward/conference them in.
I wish it were that simple but I was not able to get both companies on the phone, especially with Aeroplan's long phone lines.
I called close to midnight and spoke to a supervisor yesterday at Aeroplan, here's the sum-up : Aeroplan it saying it's not their fault, and there is nothing they are willing to do more than what they did by sending an escalation report to TAP. This will take 10 weeks, by Jan 5th if the miles are not credited, they will pay for them out of their own pocket as goodwill gesture, and confirmed I won't be able to make the sweep for 50K as Jan1st will have passed.

Also, I missed the E35K early recognition as Aeroplan states they do not want to post the miles without getting paid from TAP. Again they said it's not their fault and they do not want to do anything about it. Blaming it on an IT glitch or an unwillingness from TAP.

key take-aways from my call :

"Well it's not our fault your miles didn't post, next time think about flying with Air Canada, they'll post quicker and will be flawlessly credited instead of having 30 systems speak to each other. Risk of error will be reduced"
"You've missed early recognition, and if the miles don't post by Jan 5th we'll post them out of our pocket, but you'll have missed the sweep and we can't do anything"

I'm currently planning another round the world trip as I'm hopeless and pretty much gave up that these miles won't post. 8,560AQM that I have to do again if plan on having 50K by year end.