FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by bookish
Any idea on when refunds are going to be paid?

My mother (based in US on a US purchased ticket) has been waiting for over two months for the whole of her refund to be paid. Neither she nor I have been able to speak to anyone at Customer Care in the US or UK as every time we try telephoning we receive a recorded message refering us to the website, which isn't any help.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to proceed with getting her money back? We've filled in online forms and emailed and have received nothing in return. I contacted BA through the Executive Club line and they just refered me back to Customer Care. I've suggested she contact her credit card company, but it really shouldn't be this hard as BA offered the refund on her cancelled flights and she accepted.
Did your mother book the ticket directly with BA or booked through a travel agent or OTA like Orbitz or priceline?

If there is third party involved BA may cancelled the ticket and returned the fund back to the source of payment by third party rather than your mother's card. You may need to check where the ticket is ticketed first.