FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated EWR connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:54 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nalismom
Flying Economy DFW-EWR on United......connecting to EWR-YQB on Express Jet dba United Express.

Arrive EWR 12/24 @ 10:27 am.......Depart EWR to YQB @ 2:00 pm.

Reservation notes a terminal change. I have attempted several times to get clear info regarding the ‘alledged’ shuttle bus that runs to connecting terminals behind security.

I have gotten responses ie: ‘ we don’t have terminal information yet ...won’t know until that day’.....this was not my question.

‘When you get off your first flight just show ‘them’ (who they later said was Security)....’show them your boarding pass and they’ll let you go through to next terminal....HUH?????

Finally got a ‘supervisor’ who said ‘ there is a shuttle bus that goes behind security (which I already knew about but was wanting to know how to access)....she then says ‘sometimes it runs and sometimes it doesn’t!!! You’ll just have to wait and see’.

I’ve flown to EWR.....when I booked this flight on the UA app...there was nothing in the details about needing to change terminals. It was only when I went to United.com and looked up the flight did it alert you to terminal change. That’s when I searched for connecting to another terminal and learned about the shuttle bus bu not how to access it.

So since United agents have not been any help .....I’m hoping someone here can shed some light on how you access the post-security shuttle bus to the other terminals. At this point I am praying that my flights come and depart out of the same terminal.

Can someone provide accurate information please? It would be most welcome.

Thank you.
You may not have to change terminals at all. Some Express Flights operate out of Term C, which is where your mainline United flight will land.

If you do need to change terminals, the bus is very easy. As JimInOhio noted, it departs from the gate 71 area of Terminal C.
It may make a brief stop at Terminal B, if someone happens to be connecting to some Star Alliance flight that leave there, but just stay on the bus until it gets to Terminal A.

Note that Terminal A is pretty small with limited service. If you have access to United Club, or want to grab a day pass off Ebay or something, it would be worth it for the 3 hours or so you are connecting.