Old Oct 30, 19, 1:37 pm
gambda

Programs: NZ Elite
SYD is a great lounge but there's more food offerings in AKL IMO as pointed out in the previous post and bigger in size.
AKL has day beds in the lounge itself (not individual rooms with beds like the UA Polaris lounge) if you want to stretch out and relax but usually they are taken up as there are only about half a dozen. There's also a few swing chairs if you go 'outside' through the glass doors.

In terms of food there is a variety e.g. hot (soup, veg. curry, meat dishes - the menu changes frequently) and cold items e.g. wraps, salads, sandwiches, pasta, cheese and crackers.
You also have the food theatre section where you can see chefs prepare the daily special and order them - haven't used this though.

Plenty of wine, beer, spirits and non alcoholic drinks. Or you could walk up to the bar and order a kiwi martini ($)
Barista coffee is great. Bottom line is you won't go hungry.
Yes there is overcrowding during peak times (e.g. evening departures to the US and Australia) & school holidays, but not hard to find a spot to have a quick bite / drink. For the UA afternoon departure to SFO you should be just fine.

I will be in AKL (&SYD) lounge again next week so I could try take some pics of the food offerings.
I do recall seeing a dedicated seafood section in the SYD when I was there in June but don't think we have it here in AKL ? Seafood is not my thing so perhaps others could confirm.