FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline hotel confirmation - Hotel sold out on arrival
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:14 pm
hotturnip

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by warakorn
Have you talked to the hotel directly what compensation they'll be offering. Basically, you got "walked".
He didn't get walked if the hotel actually cut Priceline off from inventory before he actually booked, or the booking was never actually transferred to the hotel. Since Priceline tried to relocate him, it doesn't sound as if this was the hotel's fault.

Hotels HAVE walked Priceline guests, and that can be a PIA. Theoretically, the hotel should pay for one night, but they can't, since it's prepaid. So you have to get Priceline to refund you. Lots of time on the phone while standing at the desk.

It's not happened to me, but I use PL a lot, so I have a strategy. "Since you're unable to compensate me with one night free, please give me an amount of points equivalent to one night's stay here." Then I'd call PL and demand they refund me as well. Double refund.

[I should add that walking a prepaid reservation is ridiculous and theoretically should never happen, but sometimes hotels will do it because of massive revenue differences, or to accommodate a VIP.]

Last edited by hotturnip; Oct 29, 2019 at 11:15 pm Reason: Clarification