FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - just got flu shot in NY. Does it work if I'm traveling to 12 countries next 2 months?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:23 pm
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
We went to the Travel Clinic earlier today, for some specific questions and any general info the physician we see there might have.

Almost in passing, while discussing our vaccination/immunity status/etc., he asked if we had had Shingrix vaccines yet. When we told him we'd been trying to a year to find it in stock, especially for a 'first' shot, he said, "Oh, we've got it here." Duh on us! It never occurred to us to check with them...

So I got the shot this afternoon.
We figured that with 3 weeks to before our trip, to NZ/Australia, even if I have a rough reaction, I should be well recovered for the trip.
Keeping fingers crossed about how I'll be feeling in a few days...

Meanwhile, DH is having blood drawn for a (belated) measles titre, now that measles is a big "thing" again, especially with travel. (My test showed immunity from my measles at age 7 or so. Hopefully his will, too. Er, from *his* childhood case, not mine )

GC