FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FB Amex 2nd Plat card status when main account holder is plat for life...
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:57 pm
canadavid

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by lynxy
Yes, it is granted for 15 months once you qualify (source: my girlfriend's co-card expired in 11/19, and when it got renewed at the end of August, it says it expires in 11/20). But I don't have experience regarding a co-card holder that does not receive his/her card at the same time as the main card holder (I qualified for Platinum after being Gold, so both our cards were upgraded at the same time).

Fun fact, my girlfriend always receives her new card 2 months before me which seems very unfair (it happened both last year and this year too)
Last year I qualified for plat in october and got my card until 01/20.
I subscribed for amex to share the status with my mother and she ended up to get a card valid until 02/20 when she got upgraded in november. So it seems to be granted for 15months.

The thing I am wondering is what happens if I change the co-card from my mother to my wife ? I guess my wife will get upgraded to plat for 15 months. What about my mother : back to silver (status she would have with 150xp at the moment) or soft landing to gold ? When would it happen ? 02/20 or immediately when i change the co-card ?