FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:52 am
turks33

According to the Hyatt app, the hotel is now accepting reservations for 10/30/19 and beyond. Last night I was actually able to book two nights using points for next week. Points redemptions were not showing up on the app, but found them using regular Internet browser. Nightly rates were around 114k yen. Note, there is a 7 day cancellation period for point’s redemptions.

30k points a night is a big splurge for me, but it’s my first time in Kyoto and I’m excited to see the new property. Definitely a bucket list trip. I’m explorist, so hoping for a some kind of upgraded view. Will treat ourselves to the breakfast one morning too. Hopefully they throw in some nice perks for opening week.

Compared to the HR Kyoto and the SLH Property, points redemptions didn’t make sense at all. Cash rates were not so bad for HR Kyoto as there was a promotion, but the SLH property seemed very overvalued.

Also, I carved out one day in the area for a traditional ryokan stay. Any suggestions for good value options in the Kansai region would be appreciated? (Sorry for asking in wrong forum).