FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:35 am
LisaB1990

Both my husband and I applied June 11, 2019.

My husband received conditional approval on June 19. Barely a week later. He did the interview on arrival in Charlotte early October on our way back from Italy. He received his card in the mail 1 week after interview.

During the interview, my husband asked CBP if he could look into my application. He brought up my application and gave me a number to call to escalate it but said not to call until it hits 8 months!!

I received conditional approval today, exactly 20 weeks (140 days later!!). Now I have to figure out when/where to get interview since Charlotte is no longer accepting appointments.

Side note: I carelessly clicked "Afganistan" as countries visited as its the first country listed. I have not visited Afganistan. I told that to CBP and he said that happens often and during the interview CBP can remove it. He laughed at me. He said it shouldn't cause a rejection though or be the reason for the delay. It's totally random on how/when they process applications and depends on whose desks it lands on.

Overall:
Husband: 8 days for conditional approval.
Me: 140 days for conditional approval.