FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting a business class window seat when booking through BA.com
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:00 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JCC87
Well I'm somewhat gutted, I've always wanted to go to Tokyo and I've always wanted to fly Business/First and I've put up a lot of money (for me anyway) to do it. I kind of wanted it to be perfect with the best seats available. Call me a mug but I would throw 200-300 pound at JAL to get a window seat. From what I've heard the privacy is fantastic. I'm sure having only travelled economy that I'll be more than happy in the aisle seat but still frustrating as hell that they've blocked them.
I can understand your frustration, all I can say is don't obsess about it and enjoy the trip. Both first time in Japan, and the flight with JAL will be fantastic. It is a brilliant time of year to visit Japan.

Make sure to do online check in the second it opens 24 hours before departure, that might be your best change of getting a window seat. They may also have a window seat on airport control, so if it fails at online check in, I would come as early as possible to the airport to ask for a window seat. Though with JL42, that can be rather early in the day.