FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG F lounge access on JL C->F connecting flights?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:37 pm
rdlmitedu

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
HKG F lounge access on JL C->F connecting flights?

I'm at HKG departing on JL 936 in C (2-class aircraft) to NRT connecting to JL 4 F (3-class) to JFK at 18xx today. I came from Macau on the ferry and once airside went to The Pier to check out the F lounge. I handed the F boarding pass to the check-in person, who said "wrong boarding pass" and I then handed her the 4h C boarding pass for HKG-NRT. I was directed to the C lounge.

I thought the rule was your highest class of service determined lounge access, and only some specifically exempted F or above-F lounges were excluded from other OW carrier pax. I asked upstairs and was denied (which I accepted, as my flight will board shortly, and I just wanted to see the lounge before leaving), although on leaving on the ground floor I was told "spoke to manager and you have access to F", but I was already leaving so didn't go back.

Were the two lounge separate dragons incorrect, or is my understanding of the OW lounge access rules incorrect? I don't really care for today (The Deck is closer and I don't have time for a shower or anything which is better in the F area of The Pier), but I'll likely be flying C->F on JL ex-Macau/HKG frequently and it would be good to know for the future.