FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arkaba Station, Australian outback - not run to make money!
Old Oct 26, 2019, 3:56 pm
samuelo

1. Our dates are not flexible. My wife is in Australia for work and I wanted to tack on the visit to Arkaba at the beginning or end of her trip. Both involve a weekend and when they have the walks on every weekend is booked.

2. The lodge is staffed on the weekends as Day 3 of the walk is either Saturday or Sunday night since the walks depart on Thursday and Friday.

3. Booking 2 walks to get the Day 3 I need ( Sat and Sun) does not make financial sense as the cost of the walk is slightly more expensive than one night (no problem there) but you need to pay a single supplement for the walk to avoid sharing a room on the 3rd night which is A$1,500. So I would be paying an “extra” A$3,000 for Sat and Sun for the room. I’m was already doing a bunch of activities which I was happy to commit to and also pay a deposit on which as I mentioned was going to earn the property far more than people doing the walk and paying an extra $3k does not make sense on top of that.

4. I wanted to try Arkaba with this lack of flexibility and financial sense on their part I prefer to go elsewhere now.