FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - main cabin fare, not eligible for upgrade?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:03 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rsqrott
I am gold with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and that carries over to some benefits with Delta. Among those benefits is the possibility of an upgrade to comfort+ at the gate when flying main cabin. I was checking on a reservation for an upcoming flight and see that it is marked "not complimentary upgrade eligible" when I log into Delta's website. This is main cabin K fare bucket not basic economy. I called Delta to ask about this and after giving me numerous reasons eventually came back with that it was because I was using my Virgin Atlantic Flying Club #, not my skymiles number. I have a flight coming up next month (also using the VS Flying Club #) and the option to manage upgrades (where you can request to be put on the upgrade list) is still there.
Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone give me some insight? After an hour on the phone with Delta I figured I'd give the rep a break and call back another time.
I'm flying with my husband and son on the same reservation in this instance. My Skymiles status is entry level.
You have others on the reservation. AFAIK only DL elites get companion upgrades, even then only one companion.